ETK Week 5 - ROP Day 2

Tuesday:

Great start to the day so far!


I didn't sleep much last night - room mate doesn't know how to sleep and is always up to the wee hours of the morning talking to people via skype. Seriously obnoxious behaviour. There are other people on this planet, like yours truly, that happen to like to sleep at a normal time. I think I managed to doze off around 1245 and was up at 8 so not a total loss, but I'm definitely feeling it today being knocked out of my normal sleep pattern.


I did cave and got Art of Strength Providence to follow along with in the ETK Workbook - today was rounds 2-6 repeated twice. A lot of new moves except for the clean. Each move was 2 minutes in length, so it worked out to a 20 minute base workout, 25 minutes with warmup. This was my first time doing the wind mill and it was quite challenging, however to top it off, it was a windmill + overhead squat in on fluid move. Really interesting stuff and nice to be challenged like that. This was a variety so I had the option of doing this or something else and I just felt like doing more KB work.


It's really funny how you think you may be outgrowing a particular bell and then you introduce some moves that really challenge the heck out of you - a new lease on life for my 16kg. This is exactly what I was looking for when I hit Rite of Passage. Variety is the spice of life.


I did start Tacfit Commando day, basically it was a No Intensity day - this was comprised of about 20 minutes of joint mobility and stretches, all warm up moves, just to keep the body in prime condition and in good working order. Today will be a Low Intensity day and this will be comprised of all the cool down moves, so another 20 minutes there that I'll do later this afternoon after my meeting. Tomorrow will be the real challenge as that's a Moderate Intensity day and I will actually be performing the exercises with a warm up and cool down. Should be fun!


I did get around to trying the Janda Sit Up with the TRX and found it to be quite functional and targeted my core the way I thought it would. There was no emphasis on my hips at all so I was able to just concentrate on that area. This was especially pleasing because the Ab Pavelizer is grossly overpriced for what it is and this just adds another element to the TRX. It really boils down to how you use it to get the most out of it.


Hopefully I'm able to secure the funding I need to take my certification today so that will be a pretty big hurdle to jump through. I don't want to get into it to much, but it does feel that I am being pushed into doing something other than what I want to do just to get rid of my file. They (Employment Counselling Agency) may be over budget, but don't force people to do something that is just going to set them up for failure down the road anyway - it's always about the status quo it seems. Once I find out what's going on I'll share that with everyone else.


Have a good one folks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment