ETK Week 6 - ROP Day 1

Monday:

Today was tough for sure. My Tacfit High Intensity workout fell on the same day as my RoP Light Day so I ended up doubling up. Definitely not my favourite to do, but I still enjoyed it and it'll only happen once and a while, so no big deal.

I did Tacfit first since I knew that would tax me the most because you're going at your max effort for the entire workout. After that I took my Protein/Creatine mix, had some breakfast, waited about 90 minutes and then did my RoP Light Day with the 24KG. Light for me means 50-60% of my MHR so I could still use the heavier bell but go at a slower pace, so this worked out well - I know tonight will definitely be an early one.

One thing I can say for sure is that the tabata protocol + micro cycle schedule has me feeling more energized than I've ever felt doing a 7 day cycle before. That's not to say RoP is bad at all - it's a great strength and endurance builder and I think it could be adapted the same way.

I don't want to say definitively that the creatine has helped, but today with the amount of work I was doing was when I noticed a boost in strength and stamina. This could be purely psychological as I know what I'm putting into my body, but I can't say for sure yet.

My ISSA package just arrived today so I'm excited to get started on that. It's going to be a lot of reading but the way it's broken down is a lot more palatable than most college courses, so I should be able to retain this information a lot better. I did get a deal on it since they had a 100$ discount on the package, which I can use to put toward getting my CPR/AED certification as well. The next couple of months are going to be very busy.

The nice thing about the course is that it does include a lengthy book about Fiscal Fitness that will apply well to starting your own PT business after you finish the course. This is a huge bonus for me as I don't want to be one of those trainers who just stays at a club for his career - not theres anything wrong with that, it's just not for me and I have ambitions of running my own classes and programs independantly. Could I have gone for Can Fit Pro? Yeah, but for the same price I'm getting way more value and recognition from ISSA than I could get from CanFit. And the fact that they are owned by Good Life is a major turn off.

Quite a bit to say today, but I'm off to get crackin on this course now! Have a good one!

 

Mats that arrived today:

ISSA Mats Arrived Today

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment