ETK Week 6 - ROP Day 2

Tuesday:

Late entry today and it may or may not end up like that from now - time will tell! I am re-directing all my energy to studying the certification materials and I will be going for my CPR/AED "C" soon as well, so I am getting busier. I am still committed to blogging each day on the journey till I hit 90 days and then we will go from there.

Today was a variety day, and I really did not want to do any AOS: Providence stuff - the book called for rounds 8-12 repeated twice and I watched it through and the moves really didn't jive with me. The last thing I want to do is flipping a kettlebell so it rotates and then have to catch it again. This may be okay for some people but it's not really what I'm into. 

So after asking around, my friend gave me a copy of Steve Maxwells 300 Kettlebell Challenge for something new to try. First, huge props to Steve who was 54 when he made that video and it was one of the hardest things I've done with a kettlebell. Basically you workout for about 26-32 minutes and the catch is that you cannot put the kettledown on the ground. There are rest positions if you get fatigued but you can't put it down. Now obviously if you're so tired that you can't hold you can put it down and pause the dvd, but it's a fun rule to follow and challenge yourself.

I had thought about incorporating some TRX but coming off the two days of Tacfit that were moderate/high intensity, I didn't want to overtrain muscles that were previously worked, specifically my chest, legs and hips, so this provided to be a fun, different variety day, and there were lots of new functional moves to try out. I'll definitely be purchasing a copy because Steve deserves the $ for creating such a cool routine.

I'm just starting my third micro cycle of Tacfit Commando now and am committed to finishing the 84 or so days of it before moving on to something else. The Tacfit fleet is so varied it's hard to decide where to go from here once I complete the Recruit. If I can't decide on anything I'll just move up to the next difficulty level which will give me another 84+ days of workout - so either way, real excited times ahead.

I've also been looking into getting some gym rings since they are very affordable and you can take them anywhere, but I honestly think the TRX pretty much mimics what you can do with them, although the rings may be a lot more sturdy - I'll be looking into what programs are associated with those as well as they build some real incredible, functional strength.

Just settling down to watch the biggest loser, and back at the books tomorrow, learning a lot already about how our metabolisms work. Real interesting stuff.

Have a good night all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment