ETK Week 5 - ROP Day 7

Sunday:

A little late with the post today - just decided to go with the flow this morning. It also does not help that we got hammered with more snow. I swear the groundhog was entirely wrong this year. The weather can't make up its mind, a lot of snow or a lot of rain, and we're supposed to get 35 mm of rain over 2 days this coming week. Groan.

Today was an off day from Kettlebells which I'm happy for because of my heavy day yesterday. Yes it did take a bite out of my ass. It's going to be real interesting using the 24kg and having an extra ladder to go through. Looking ahead I'm realizing it might be more prudent to get another 16kg bell for doubles to see how that goes. It's either that or jump right into double 20kg's after RoP. I have to see where I am physically, mentally, and most importantly, monetarily.

I would say that the joint mobility work yesterday evening definitely helped alleviate any potential soreness, so I would keep recommending everyone to keep up their practice with that. Whether it's through Yoga, Super Joints, Intu-Flow - get it done, it will just help you with your goals.

My Tacfit Moderate Intensity day fell on my rest day today and I'm totally okay with that. I did not over exert myself and pushed my max level of exertion to a 7 out of a possible 10, so enough to get my heart going, but not enough that I'm going to max out and leave myself laying there like a pile of goo. That's for tomorrow, which works out in a good since it's my light day for RoP.

I definitely feel like I have more energy combining the two, and I'm able to last longer into the night as far as staying awake is concerned. I'm getting a consistent 8 to 8.5 hours of sleep every night and I know I would not be sleeping that much if my body didn't need it. I'm thoroughly refreshed when I wake up and have the energy to do my workout right away. 

I do exercise in a fasted state. It's not about fat loss. I just feel that I have more energy waking up in a fasted state instead of eating breakfast, waiting, then exercising. I've never noticied it affect my performance and it's something I've been doing for a long time now. 

So week 6 is coming up and I am going to attempt the SSST next sunday to gauge my progress so I will definitely let you know how I did, how I felt, and what I can improve on. I'm definitely not expecting to hit 200 snatches but we'll see what happens!

Have a good Sunday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment