ETK Week 6 - ROP Day 4

Thursday:

Variety day it is!

Moderate intensity day for Tacfit CMDO, with my high intensity day tomorrow - coming to the end of micro cycle 3 and on to micro cycle 4 starting Saturday. I'm noticing more strength and endurance gains which is translating well over to my Kettlebell work. It's been about 13 days or so, so it does take some time to see some intial results - like anything else it just takes patience and hard work and if you put the time in things will happen.

I'm coming up to week 7 of Rite of Passage and realize there's not that much time left on this crazy journey, so it's time to start planning ahead for what will happen after. I like to dip my toes in to a lot of different training methods, so I'm considering either KB Spetsnaz or even KB Muscle, and then mixing in more Tacfit options after that. It's like being a kid in candy store wanting to try everything that's available.

To further flesh that idea out, sandbag training could be a real good idea to add as well, total cost working out to about 150$ to get an 80lb bag - that can go a long way and would open up the door to another new way to train. To be clear I'm not a big fan of gym workouts, it's often crowded, noisy, and there can be a wait for equipment, so this "boot camp" style of training suits me, and will suit my clients a lot better.

I did get back into the swing of things with the studying today and am working on finishing up the first unit (50 pages or so) so taking notes a long the way has definitely slowed me up, but I will taking my first quiz soon enough. It has been very interesting learning specifically how our metabolism works so far, especially the ATP/CP production and the role that has on our physiology.

Extreme Fitness gave me a call just to inquire about Personal Training for them, but it's not something I am going to pursue till I have the certifications required. I'd rather be fully prepared with the theory (I already have the practical) than try to tackle something half assed, which is a problem I think a lot of gyms have when hiring trainers, and does a lot more harm than good. It's a small sacrifice for gaining the proper knowledge.

I've just started reading about the paleo diet and it just jives with me, giving up grains is an easy thing for me, but I think giving up dairy would be very difficult as I love having non fat skim milk with my whey protein. I know there is an option to buy goats milk, but that runs about 10$ for 4L vs 5$ for 4L of skim. Doesn't sound like much but I go through 4L of milk a week just on my own. Anyone have any ideas how to get around on this or should I just suck it up and go for goats milk / organic, whole milk ?

Anyway that's all for tonight! Have a good one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment