ETK Week 6 - ROP Day 6

Saturday:

Heavy lift day today.

I got off to a slowish start this morning. I woke up on time I just procrastinated way too much catching up on emails and texts and started about an hour later than I normally do. Life happens.

I powered through the initial ladders with my 24kg and felt really good at the end, my form is solid, and my strength is increasing, although my right side is still stronger than my left side, so I think in the future I will add one extra ladder for the left to see if that helps it catch up any quicker.

I'm looking at buying two x 20kg and a 28kg next month and foregoing the Clubbell stuff for a couple more months as I really want to continue my investment with Kettlebell training. The clubbells aren't going anywhere so I'll give them a shot in a few more months. I'm really looking forward into getting into some doubles training since that's where a lot of people see dramatic mass gain.

Diet wise: I followed what I did yesterday - cut out all grains, but still had my milk. I do feel like I have more energy so I feel like I may be on to something here with this Paleo way of living. I imagine it could only get better once I cut out the milk. A viable option may be to make my own almond milk - I've seen it done pretty cheaply but haven't tried it myself yet. It's said you might need cheesecloth for the pulpe, but I'd think a sieve would work just fine. It also only keeps for 4 to 5 days, but depending on the quantity I could see it being gone less than that. Cost affordable? Hard to say compared to whats available in the grocery store. Link to directions here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM5J1OQmKMA

I'll hopefully have my scale back this weekend so I can get an accurate reading of my weight. It's been about 6 to 7 weeks now since I've taken it so it will be interesting to see how much weight I have put on since I started ETK. I do monitor my body fat percentage on a regular basis and do 3 skin folds. It's fairly simple and is the most accurate way to get your BF %. You will need a couple formulas and bodyfat calipers to do this.

The formulas:

Three Skinfold Sites (Chest, Abdominal, and Thigh sites, SUM3 is the sum of these sites in mm)

Bone Density =
1.1093800 - (0.0008267 * SUM3) + (0.0000016 * SUM3²) -
(0.0002574 * Age)
Body Fat Percentage =

 

[(4.95/Bone Density) - 4.5] 100

 

This is really a fool proof way to do this. If you google online you'll find pictures that show you exactly where to pinch. It may sound time consuming and tedious but this is something you can do in a few minutes and you'll know it's right.

I haven't studied all that much today but will be cross referencing some of the material in my other books today, just for some extra knowledge that I might otherwise be missing. 

Recruited my best friend to try and help me think of a business name - that's probably that hardest thing to do as you don't want to infringe on any copyright/trademarks and get slapped with a lawsuit, so it's a real tedious venture, but I need to get it settled soon so I can order some business cards and start getting my name out there.

Also, Strikeforce got purchased by Zuffa LLC (who own the UFC). Some are happy with it, I am not. It just takes away another place where fighters can go to earn a living, and I'm really concerned with the women's division since Dana White is all about the boys - yeah, he's a pig. All that's left now is Bellator, so we'll see how long that lasts.

Cheers fellas, and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment