ETK Week 6 - ROP Day 3

Wednesday:

Started out snowing then turned into a torrential down pour of rain. Days like this get me feeling very lazy as more often than not I get stuck in the house.

It was my medium day for RoP and I've gotten more comfortable doing my ladders with 24kg. I'm able to do all 4 ladders with a max of 3 rungs, although I know that's going to start increasing within the next couple weeks, so we'll see how I'm able to cope when I'm at 5 ladders, with 5 rungs. 

I also did 200 swings in 7 minutes (I rolled a 7 for today), but decided to split it up 100 L / 100 R one handed swings, as that's not something I've practiced a lot of, and the 16kg was more than heavy enough for that rep count. Considering it was taking 12 minutes before to do 250 swings I'd say this is a definite sign of improvement. I did top out at 80% of my MHR as well, which is what the guideline said to do.

I did not get much studying done on the CFT today as I was studying a nutrition book instead - I find it's good to break up the monotony a bit and let the information sink in, and then go back to it, so I will hit it again tomorrow. And it's not a bad thing to be well versed in nutrition as far as this industry goes. If anyone is the curious the textbook is Understanding Nutrition, 11th Edition.

I might be coming into a little bit of money next month so I think I can finally score myself some clubbells, a couple more kettlebells, and maybe some gymnastic rings! The past 6 weeks have probably been the most rewarding in terms of fitness because I've broken out of my shell and am trying so many different things I would never have thought of before, and am in turn seeing the results that I wanted, and am training less.

I've got my Tacfit low intensity routine in about another 90 minutes to help me wind down for the night, and then tomorrow I ramp it up again with moderate intensity. Scott has said there is a new product getting ready for release, and it's the biggest class RMAX has ever released. Fingers crossed for Tacfit Firefighter!

Well that's all for today, have a good evening folks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment