ETK Week 5 - ROP Day 5

Friday:

Well I got over excited this morning about doing my heavy day with my 24kg and then went took at my worksheets and realized it isn't for tomorrow. Today is supposed to be a rest day so I will do precisely that as much as it will drive me bonkers. I wrapped up a 20 minute Yoga session just to stretch out, and I will be doing my No Intensity Tacfit workout sometime later today as I didn't feel like stacking it.

I did do Super Joints last night as it had been a little while since I'd done that. I initially started to ease off of it because it was making my hips feel a little tight, so I started to alternate doing it every couple of days, but this past week I had not done it once and got back to it last night. I'm inching closer and closer to being able to do horizontal splits so I can tell that all the flexibility training I am getting from Pavel and Scott are working, it just takes time.

I have been putting some thought into it and am going to try the SSST next week just to give myself a little benchmark of where my strength and conditioning is at. I figure giving it a shot every 4 weeks is a good way to put the numbers to the test and to really make a good judge of what your training is doing for you.

One big thing I have noticed is that my posture has improved dramatically over the past 5 weeks. I think for anyone who sits in front of computer (and that's a bulk of the population) starts to get a little chair shaped - shoulders pulling you forward instead of sitting back like how they normally should. I had never had any pain from this, but it is an unattractive look when your posture is off and for me it throws your centre off. I attribute the straightening out to the work with the kettlebells, the work I've done with the TRX and now the work I'm doing with Tacfit. There is still definite room to grow and by no means can you correct years of bad posture in a month, but you will notice changes if you give it a shot.

Pretty excited that I can finally order my ISSA package today and it's not something I regret at all. I think any of the available home study certs (ACSM, ACE) including ISSA are going to a huge step up on what Can Fit Pro offers you. Every person I have talked to about that particular cert has said it's nothing but a money grab and essentially you can go from uncertified to certified in 5 weeks - which explains why there is such a horrible quality of trainer in the clubs today. If you already have the practical knowledge then an in depth course on theory is going to make you that much better.

Looking forward to Feijao vs Hendo tomorrow on Showtime - Really warming up to Strikeforce and the fights they put on. I like their cards better overall compared to what the UFC puts on - just personal preference at this point and it's pretty awesome that they give women the opportunity to go in and showcase their skills too. Cris Cyborg might be headed to WWE too since she hasn't had a fight since last summer. Apparently no one wants to fight her, and if you've seen her who can blame them - she is a mutant and no man at 145lbs would even get in the cage with her.

Now off to enjoy the day - have a good one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment