ETK Week 6 - ROP Day 5

Friday:

I think before I get started here I'd like to ask that anyone who comes and reads this just bows there head in a minute of silence for the tragedy that happened in Japan today, for all the lost lives, and the people that are missing. It's a real mess over there right so lets hope it all works out for the best.

Today was a penciled in "rest day" but my Tacfit CMDO High Intensity training day fell on today - not a big deal, the show must go on! I woke up straight away and got it out of the way so I didn't give myself an excuse to procrastinate. I enjoy the workouts, and I enjoy the challenge of pushing myself hard on these days, so it's always something to look forward too. This was also the end of micro cycle 3, which means tomorrow it's a no intensity joint mobility day, which will be welcomed after my heavy kettlebell session.

I got a butt load of studying done today and am just wrapping up the metabolism unit - that was a long one. I also completed my first test and it came back at 88% - not great as I knew the answer to the one question I got wrong. I'll just have to review better next time. I'm also cross referencing the material in this book with my physiology of sport and exercise book which has an indepth chapter on metabolism as well, it's a lot more sciency but it has some great information.

Today, just as an experiment, I followed a paleo-type diet, it wasn't 100% dead on because the only dairy I consumed was my non fat skim milk. Aside from that I did not consume any grains or legumes what so ever, and I did notice that I didn't feel sluggish late-afternoon, I actually had more energy that sustained me till around 6pm when I had a quick nap (after being up for 12 hours) - so this was a promising little trial and I am going to follow a strict paleo diet for a month starting soon to see where that takes me.

I also found a really neat program called F.lux - basically it's better lighting for your computer based on the time of day. The concept behind it is truly brilliant, and while it might not be for everyone you should definitely check it out @ http://stereopsis.com/flux/

I'm off to watch Meet The Fockers now - definitely need a laugh after all that's gone on in the world today and will then hit the sack to rest up for tomorrow!

Have a good evening folks!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment