ETK Week 5 - ROP Day 3

Wednesday:

Today was a medium intensity today but I'm finding the ladders to not be that challenging with the 16kg so I think starting friday I will start to use my 24kg and see what happens from there. I'm definitely to the point where I think I need to round out the kettlebells I've got and just go ahead and get the 20kg - it's definitely almost time to move up in size. I do realize that it could potentially get harder when the ladders and rungs increase as the weeks go on, but my strength is going to keep increasing as well, so the 20kg is looking like a better fit for me moving forward, depending how hard I find the 24.


The Rite of Passage to me means that you are challenged physically and mentally and I haven't felt that yet - in fact I felt more challenged during the one month conditioning stint in the work up to RoP. Again this is more or less due to me needing to use a heavier weight to challenge myself, but so far I'm not really happy with how easy this has been.


Once I wrap up RoP I am definitely leaning toward getting into some Clubbell training - there is a pretty nice following there as well and it's always good to pick up new tools that will help with your growth. Scott Sonnon has said you can approach it as a cycle, so do a cycle of RoP and then a cycle of Tacfit, and then go back to what you were doing prior to see if there were any gains. It's not a bad idea, but I think anyone would get bored doing just one type of exercise all the time, and I think that's why so many P90X people hit the wall.


Today is also Day 3 of Tacfit: Commando - which I have really enjoyed thus far. The way the whole program is laid out is really impressive in that you have those two days of joint mobility that really prepare for the moves you're actually going to do on your high intensity days. I've been doing these in the evening before I eat dinner and have liked doing it that way - i always feel so much better when I get my blood pumping and I honestly can't stand being sedentary. The way it's packaged also really wants to make you do it - yeah the whole "mission" thing is gimmicky, but so is the whole 'comrade' thing from Pavel's work - but it's fun and motivating.


Everything went well with my meeting and I will be starting my ISSA Certification probably within the next week or two, it will depend on when the materials get here. I had originally planned on doing the NASM/ACSM but this is just a good starting point to get my foot in the door - we all have to start somewhere and honestly I would rather have a solid theory background than doing some like Canfit which has been called a joke in the fitness industry - I do realize that if I want to work at a Good Life Fitness I would need to have it though (Good Life owns Canfit). I think more than anything I'd like to go after the NASM/ACSM from here as to me it's a more complete and respected certification - and I don't exactly plan to stay in Canada to train for the rest of my life.


That's really all I have today, but big things are happening that I'm very excited about! Stay fit, stay positive, and have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment