ETK Week 5 - ROP Day 6

Saturday:

I'm feeling jacked up!

Today is exactly what I needed from RoP to show me how tough it really can be. In the schedule today was meant to be a heavy day and I took that to heart finishing all 3 ladders with my 24kg. That's the kind of work that I like to put in. I'm not sure if I will carry this over to light and medium days as those days are pretty much self explanatory.

I bought some plain Creatine Monohydrate yesterday evening to add in to my supplement routine, just to see if anything has changed in the product since the last time I used it about 7 years ago. Odds are it has probably remained unchanged, but it will be an interesting experiement and I am only planning on using the amount that I got (2.5lbs) with 1 70cc scoop post workout. I just want to see how this will effect my RoP workouts, if at all. Normally there is a loading phase, but this is something I've never done before based on my own personal experience. I'd found the last time I used Creatine that I got the same results not loading that I would have gotten loading - so I will be following that same principle this time.

I haven't been able to weigh myself yet but I'm going to do as soon as I find a scale that is good enough. I know a 9$ scale will not give me the most accurate reading, so I'm looking into some glass digital scales but notice some are from weight watchers and some are 'biggest loser' branded. Is there any reputable brand out there that makes a half decent scale? I can tell I've really increased my mass from 5 weeks ago so am really interested to see how much lean mass I've put on since then. I know my bodyfat is at 9% now instead of where it was 5 weeks ago, when it was hovering between 7 to 8. I figure this is not that bad as I do see muscle gains.

I'll be starting my ISSA course on Monday - they say it generally takes about 12 weeks to finish if you put in at 15 hours of study per week. I'm aiming to do it in at least 6 or 7 weeks. I have really big plans, and this is going to put me on the right path. I'm looking forward to absorbing as much as I can from this course. Luckily I still have my textbooks from this past college year so I can reference my Exercise Physiology book, Anatomy book and my Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning Book along the way since they are all great references. I will say this about ISSA so far and that is the customer service has been excellent - they returned emails almost immediately and answered all the questions I had. As far as shipping to Canada it cost 40$ flat through Fed Ex and that takes care of all the customs stuff. It's fast too since I put the order in yesterday and it's already across the border about an hour away from where I live. I'd expect to have it tomorrow if Fed Ex does weekend delieveries, if not then Monday for sure. Fast!

Today is my Tacfit low intensity workout which basically consists of the full set of cool down moves - about 21 minutes in total. They are all focused on joint mobility so this is going to be a nice addition to what I just did with RoP today. This is my second micro cycle on the 4x7 schedule and it there has been some adjustment time when you are so used to making your plans around a 7 day schedule. I've found this to be a lot more efficient but of course it is too soon to say if there have been any gains or not. I think after a couple more micro cycles I'll be able to say for sure.

I'd be off to enjoy the day but we're in for a lot of rain, so get at it people and have a good one!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment