ETK – End of Week 3 – Day 7

Sunday:

Onward to Week 4!


My whole philosophy during this journey so far has been learn what you can, do what you can, and don’t be ashamed if you don’t feel ready. I’ve lived that every single one of these 21 days so far. I’ve educated myself daily on technique and nutrition to make myself the best that I can physically and mentally be – because you need it when you’re doing something like this.


I haven’t weighed myself yet – but I do see great body comp changes. Yes I am losing a bit of the definition I had in my abs – not a big deal – but I am seeing size everywhere else. My legs, glutes, shoulders, arms, back, neck and chest are all growing in size and the strength gains have been great. What’s so awesome about this, is that this only the Pre-RoP .. it will be really interesting to see what those 8 weeks do in terms of size and strength.


As far as I can tell, what I am doing in terms of diet is working. I’m eating at least 160-180g of protein per day at a bodyweight of around 160lbs. I space this over the course of 5 meals per day eaten every 2.5 to 3 hours. This keeps my metabolism going and keeps me energized throughout the day – it works for me although I’m always looking into trying new things.


I did my own little mix of TRX Force today – basically I shook up the rotation and added a few moves of my own to change it up. Suspended Pike Presses are definitely a bitch and my core was on fire after 2 sets of those.


The tightness I was feeling in my left hip is gone now. I took the time last night to do the full Relax into Stretch DVD + the first half of Super Joints and that really took the kinks out and got me back to normal. No progress on the splits yet – but Pavel said it takes at least 6 months to get there, so I’m in no hurry on that front.


I had been looking into the Ab Pavelizer to do Janda’s but the cost on that is pretty high for something so simple – so I looked into it and it turns out that I can do Janda’s with the TRX – this thing just keeps getting better and better. I’ll be trying this in the future for sure and letting you all know how it goes.


Overall very pleased with the direction this type of training is taking me – I feel stronger every day and look forward to what each day is going to bring. If you’re on the fence about trying it – give it a shot, you really have nothing to lose.


Have a great rest of the weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment