ETK–End of Week 2–Day 7

Sunday:
And I made it!


Two full weeks down of Enter the Kettlebell and I am stoked with my results so far. I can definitely tell that I have put some weight on which is my secondary goal here aside from getting stronger.


My diet has mainly stayed the same – it’s what I’ve carried over from my previous programs. I do eat very clean – a lot of whole grains, fruits, vegetables and lean cuts of meat (tenderloin (pork and beef), sirloin, chicken breast and turkey breast), and a fair amount of legumes as well – as for fish, salmon and tuna are really the only ones that i like. I’ve really made an effort to eat at least 1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight and it looks like it is paying off. I don’t have a scale but you can tell by how you look in the mirror and how clothes fit – I also used my BF% callipers from school and I was around 7 to 8%, which is what I was before – so my lean mass is increasing with no fat gain.


The workout today was something a little different and nothing I’ve really done before – it was 34 minutes of strength training (workout B) from the TRX Force DVD – which is programming geared toward getting you in the best shape possible if you’re going to enter the armed forces.


This was challenging – right off the bat you have to do a suspended incline press. Doesn’t sound so bad right? Wrong! Your feet are elevated above your head, as if you were doing a handstand on an angle – the TRX supports only one of your feet while you do push-ups on the ground.


This is what it looks like – and that is not me:
200906051921

This was really unlike anything I did yesterday – it was definitely TRX different. In a good way! This is challenging muscles that didn’t get worked yesterday and I can see why this is such an effective workout for people wanting to get in shape for enlistment. With only one foot in the cradle you’re entire body is on fire trying to stay stabilized.


Tomorrow week 3 starts. Like I said before this is really going to determine if I go on to week 4 or not because Swing counts are moving up to 40. I am expecting to be to real smoked by the time I get to the end of that 12 minutes. My Goal is to get bare minimum 210 swings like last time – anything more than that would be bonus for me and I will be pushing. If I find my hands getting tired I’ll just switch to one handed swings. Which also brings me to the point that I’ve noticed my grip strength is also increasing a lot from using the ‘classic’ style KB – unexpected.


Going to get some groceries, some breakfast, hit the library to pick up 4 Hour Body and then just take it easy the rest of the day so I’m rested and energized tomorrow.


Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment