ETK Week 2–Day 3

Wednesday:


It needs to be said.


I hate winter!


I had to get up around 8 this morning just so I could get to the grocery store to get the stuff I need for my daily breakfasts – it was minus 23 Celsius outside with the windchill when I went out. The reason I did this was so I could get the food, make it back, get my workout in, and eat my breakfast in decent time.


Getting the groceries is not a problem, but this bitter winter goes right to the bones and seriously dries out the skin.
Today was TRX Essentials Strength Training and boy did I feel it today. I increased my angle in all the moves to make it a bit more challenging for myself and after doing that it really makes sense why they only have 2 sets per move – because if you’re doing it right you feel it and then some!


I definitely think the TRX and the Kettlebell represent the perfect marriage because you are working two highly effective ways – the Kettlebell, which offers strength and conditioning, and the TRX, which offers stability and core strength really bring it together to give your body an optimal, even spread of training.


I wake up every day with more energy than the last and have been feeling stronger than ever – which just goes to show when you keep it simple, things come together. No fancy gimmicks here. Suspension training – which gymnasts have been doing for years, and kettlebell training which has been around for 300 or so odd years. No muscle confusion, no max interval training – just back to basics.


On another note I am trying to prod one of my better friends into giving KB training a try – although it’s hard convincing a girl to swing a cast iron object around, I think she’ll eventually go for it. She has pretty much been a “Beachbody” product girl and I think that’s why she has gotten so bored with her fitness – because it’s the same thing everyday.


So we’ll see what happens on that front, but it’s always great to spread the good word re: this form of training.
Looking forward to the challenge of 30x swings a cycle tomorrow!


Have a good one people!

0 comments:

Post a Comment