ETK Week 4 - Day 6

Saturday:

I decided to take it a little easier today and just did 40 minutes of Ashtanga Yoga to get my energy and my body ready for Rite of Passage. I've been experimenting with some of the TacFit workouts this week so some days I have had doubles and right now I am just letting my body heal up. I may get back in it tomorrow, but I will see how my body feels - I may do the smart thing here and just let it rest for the weekend so I'm fresh for Monday.


I'm really enjoying the TacFit stuff I've got to try and am going to figure out a way I can incorporate doing the Commando Program with doing Rite of Passage without over training. To be fair, there are people who do a lot more so I think it's something that I can pull off. Tabata training is definitely intense but I can see how training in such a way would definitely benefit your fitness and overall health in every day life.


I know most of it is marketing but I do like the fact that Scott puts out little challenges now and again to get people interested - it's a way to push you to do the best you can. Case in point - The Israeli Special Forces Tacfit Challenge. Sounds daunting, and who knows if the Israeli Special Forces even train this way, but it's a great motivator and little things like this go a long way to helping people feel like they are accomplishing something great.


That's what I think Dragon Door and TacFit do right - they market their products in such a way that you get that fire in your belly of acheiving something great, not just another bootcamp for 90 days. Yeah it might be a gimmick, but if that's what gets people off the couch and inspired to get healthy, then I'm all for it.


I've been catching up on some of the Strikeforce fights I've missed from the past year. Admittedly I don't catch much of it because I mainly watch UFC, but they have some pretty great fights and I like Frank Shamrock on commentary - dude is a legend and I'd much rather listen to someone who has done something in MMA than Joe Rogan - sorry Joe. I was watching one of the shows from 2010 where Cris Cyborg, a mutant in the MMA Womens Division took on Jan Finney and I've never seen someone so aggressive. Cyborg made this fight look like a sparring session and just pick her apart over two rounds - it'll be hard to find someone out there who will want to fight Cyborg - fingers crossed for Gina Carano taking another shot at her though.


I would really be interested to hear what Dragon Door's take is on Yoga. I've never heard Pavel or even John Du Cane talk about it and I think his whole Qi Gong Recharge is a bit of a joke (most of the moves are from Super Joints). Yoga is a great functional exercise and it's not something you need to do every day - even once a week is enough to feel it's benefits. I had put it off for a couple weeks just to give myself a break but after doing it for 40 minutes today it really did wonders for my back which has felt a little tight lately. Definitely a worthwhile lifetime investment. There is a lot of different branches out there but try something that might interest you. I could not recommend Ashtanga or Bikram enough.


Well having got a late start today I'm off to get some breakfast now! Have a good weekend folks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment