ETK Week 2–Day 5

Friday:
I was re-reading ETK last night – yes the whole book from front to back and one thing that really stuck with me last time over the last is that I should not count reps for TGU’s – just do your best and don’t worry about the numbers.


So I took this philosophy and applied it to today since it was TGU day. I did the normal warm up this time, but before I started the actual workout I did some practice sets of C+P and Snatches. My form is actually really good right now – I’ve been practicing for a week but I caught a video from Dr. Mark Cheng which really simplified the process of the snatch and I can now say I am doing this properly – this has also carried over to my clean so I’m very happy with how quickly I am progressing with the basic moves.


I’ve been extending the time on TGU days because I feel like I get more out of 10-12 minutes than out of 5. I don’t workout to failure, but I do workout till I feel it. It also allows me the extra time of slowing down, focusing on form and breathing, and fixing anything in the form that may need to be fixed, but I am getting stronger in doing these twice a week, although admittedly my left side is a bit weaker than my right, which is normal for everyone apparently – but pretty soon the KB’s won’t be the only cannonballs in the room!


It’s been an adjustment trying to eat more than you’re normally used too. I’m trying to really gain some weight while I do this routine so I’ve upped my calorie intake, although I am not counting as strictly as I used too – I’m doing the same things as before just increasing portion sizes, and eating more lean cuts of meat – typically grain fed from the farmers market when available. I don’t own a scale but going by how I look in the mirror I can see that I have put on some more muscle – it’s funny how such simple moves that have been around for the longest time just pack it on you.


I’m really looking forward to week 3 as that’s just another challenge to conquer. I think that will really be a benchmark week for me that will let me know if I’m really ready for Week 4. I think if my endurance was as good as it was this week I will be in good shape for Rite of Passage.


Note: The link for the Snatch by Dr. Cheng can be found > H E R E <

Have a good one folks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment