ETK Week 3 - Day 3

Wednesday:

I’m switching around my TRX workouts as much possible to keep my body challenged in its routines and to break up any monotony – that’s really one of the keys to muscle growth.

I did TRX Force Workout B today – basically an upper body blaster that’s 36 minutes long. This is the workout with that nasty Suspended Incline Press.

I really enjoyed this workout! No matter how many times I do it I just find something else that I like about it. Now I could do without Fraser Quelch as the trainer but he’s from the same town that I came from so I deal with it. It’s just so refreshing to do something so different – and is it a plus that it was designed by a former SEAL? Maybe. I mean it’s nice to see that someone who was in that kind of peak physical conditioning is struggling with a workout he created for the masses. Either way you won’t get anything like this anywhere else.

Big plus for me with these workouts is that most of them are fairly short and you feel worked out by the time you get to the end, but not over trained and in a flop sweat. This is important since according to the ETK Workbook Wednesday/Saturday/Sunday are supposed to be off days. It allows me to get some work in without going to failure and over taxing my body. Find a happy medium!


I think a big part where Art of Strength went wrong with this workbook for ETK is that it only caters to people who have no fitness base and really forget about the people who do. 4 day’s a week of exercise is fine for some people, but this is limited amounts of exercise and I think there could have been some things done differently to cater to people who have a better fitness base. Not to say I’m not happy doing Pre-ROP because I’ve learned and studied a lot about the forms, but there could have been extras for one or two of the rest days.

I am going to have to look into the Strength in Motion workbook to see what that’s all about – if it’s any double kettlebell work then I may hold off and just repeat Rite of Passage again after I complete it and at that point will probably just do RotK.

I’m really enjoying the C+P and Snatch – these are slowly becoming my favourite moves and it’s something I really look forward too in RoP. I have realized though that I really dislike my 16kg handle as it’s got a fairly slick finish which can make it hard to grip when your hands start to get sweaty. I may sand this down or I may order a new 16kg from the people that I ordered Henry from (24kg) and give my 16kg to a friend so she can start getting into some type of fitness.

I’m also going to start studying for the NASM, so very excited about that! Hopefully this will pave the way to me getting my HKC next year and my RKC beyond that. There is only one place offering Kettlebells here and that’s at a Crossfit facility so I think the market here is definitely ripe for it. Only time will tell!

Have a good one folks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment