ETK Week 2–Day 4

Thursday:

Today was the day – a real test – to see how I’m progressing with this whole journey.


It was another 12 minute workout with the swing being increased from 20 to 30. Doesn’t sound like a lot but when you’re going for 12 minutes it can be. I managed to do 210 swings with my 16kg for the 12 minutes and I swapped in some pushups and jump rope for active rest instead of burpees and mountain climbers – just needed a little something different.


My conditioning and strength must be improving because I didn’t start to feel gassed till around the 165th swing but I dug deeper and managed to pull it out till I hit 210 – and with good form – I was just blasted at the end of them. This is in stark contrast to how I felt doing cycles of 20x swings – while I felt good, I felt that I was more tired doing shorter sets, and doing the longer sets gave me that extra push to settle in and get it done.


I had been considering trying Henry (24kg) out today but I’m glad I didn’t because this let me really see what I was capable of. I think once I start week 3 next week I’ll do one day with him to see how that’ll play out as far 12 minutes of swings go. I have tried a few with him and I honestly like the feel over the 16kg, but that’s totally different when you’re doing a few compared to over 200. I’m thinking about it but odds are I will stick with the 16kg till I get to ROP.


The protein I’m using as well is definitely helping with recovery too since the convenience of being able to ingest it directly after working out is helping all the muscles I’ve used start to recover. It’s an EAS brand, so it’s not bad, but it takes forever to mix up. Luckily I found out a bout TrueProtein.com on the DD forum and they are really affordable and look to have a superior product so I’ll be getting a few goodies from them next month. Also love the fact that you can make your own formula – that kind of freedom as far supplementation goes is pretty awesome.


Now off to defrost my windows and get some breakfast – this winter is brutal – windows frozen shut? Bloody hell.


Have a good one all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment