ETK Week 2–Day 1

Monday:
Hope everyone had a good Superbowl/UFC weekend! Can’t say enough about how Anderson Silva is now the baddest man on the planet!


Week 2 started today – very excited! I’ve noticed since incorporating the Super Joints Joint Mobility Work my hips have been much more open than they normally have been in the past year – and this shows more during the warm up with the wall squats, which translates to the swing – so that’s something I definitely appreciate. I’d recommend buying that set – it may seem like common sense but the way Pavel presents it makes it worth it.


I went about 30 seconds over on the warm up – but the more I’m thinking about it, these numbers in the workbook are really just guidelines and you can go longer if needed.


I’m also noticing, albeit slight, increase in size in my arms/shoulders/neck/back that I didn’t have previously. I have been making a very big effort to eat more calories, and doubling up my protein as I don’t want to put on some more lean muscle, so I guess that is working although I haven’t weighed myself as I make it a point to not own a scale.


The main workout was great – again I went about 13 1/2 minutes over the 12 that was in the book and managed 180 swings, which felt great. I’ve paid so much attention to my form over the past week and a bit that I feel like I’m in a really good place with it right now. Strength wise – the kettlebell is feeling lighter than when I originally walked home with it in the snow – which makes me feel a lot better knowing my 24KG will be here on Wednesday.


I also added in a set of pull-ups on the first cycle through instead of jumping jacks just for some added variety. I am going to play with this over the next 10 weeks to see what else would be effective.


Overall, I’m still feeling great and still going strong! Can’t wait till Thursday when Swing numbers in the cycles are increased. Love the challenge!!


Make it a good one folks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment