ETK Week 4 - Day 2

Tuesday:

 

Great start to the day. 


It's really gratifying when you start to feel the weight get lighter as the days and weeks go on. I remember when I first did Halo's in the warmup back in Week 1 and I thought "holy shit, this sure doesn't feel like 16kg!" and it didn't, it felt twice as heavy - and this was at a point when I felt like I was physically strong. Fast forward 4 weeks later and the 16kg feels partciularly light in that warm up - not that I'll be upping the weight since it is just a warmup, but it was something little like that that really caught my attention.


I only have one more day of Swings and TGU this week and then I'm moving on to Rite of Passage. I am 100% ready for the changes that is going to bring mentally and physically since it is a whole different beast. Doing Snatches for 10 minutes is going to be very interesting after having done ladders.


Just for fun I tried to see if I could clean my 24kg and I could fairly easily - pressing it is another matter! Big change in strength there. I think the work that my forearms are getting doing this is definitely helping a lot.


I'm going to try some TRX Janda sit ups - Chris Frankel said it was possible to do these with the system without buying something like the Ab Pavelizer, so I'm going to give this a shot later tonight and I'll see about posting a video to see how it looks and feels.


In my searches last night I came across a product called Tacfit by Scott Sonnon - there are different variations of it (Spetsnaz Kettlebell, Commando, etc) that focus on different areas of fitness. I'm always curious about what fitness products are out there so it'd be nice to hear from anyone who has tried either and can comment on it. Any reviews I googled for seemed like they were all generic and from the same site - very hard to find anything legitimate which reminds me of Athlean X - a lot of 'placed' fake reviews. Stuff like this makes the product look really shady - not knocking it as I haven't tried it, just commenting on the marketing practice.


Hoping to get some Clubbell's in the next couple months. I've checked out Mark Reifkind's blog and he does a lot of Clubbell work that looks impressive. That dude is in pretty phenomenal shape and his work ethic over there has really inspired me.


Well I'm off to run some errands and get some resumes out ahead of my meeting next Tuesday. Have a good one folks!


0 comments:

Post a Comment