ETK Week 1–Day 5

Friday:
Well I officially made it through week one and it was a lot tougher than I originally thought it would be. Like I had said on the Dragon Door website, I give kudos to everyone who has ever followed this program all the way through – it’s going to be an insanely awesome ride!


I felt much stronger today than on Tuesday – but I attribute that to practicing 10-15 minutes a day. When I say practice I mean practice and I am going at a much slower pace – this allows me to go move extra slow and critique my own form. I do this by recording from my camera and then playing it back to myself and comparing against the ETK video (the method of TGU that I follow).


Then again the feeling stronger could all be a mental confidence thing as well, but I sure felt different today and in a really good way.


I am moving on to week two next week – there is no real benchmark on what tells you you’re ready to move on – the AOS workbook says move on if you feel you adequately completed week one, which I feel I did coming into this with no prior kettlebell experience. My endurance has been good as well my form (note: Monday was day 1 and i did notice i was a little sore in my lower back, glutes and hams – but upon hearing from other people this is quite normal on day 1 and I haven’t experienced any soreness in my lower back since).


I have been rotating the Super Joints Joint Mobility dvd with the Relax into the Stretch dvd this week and found it has definitely helped with any kinks, which, lets face it, we all have at least one. Really good stuff here and a must have in my opinion.


The weekend is supposed to be comprised of “off” days – basically words that don’t exist in my vocabulary. Tomorrow I’m going to throw in some TRX Strength training and Sunday some TRX Stretching. I still find it to be a wonderful compliment to kettlebell training as you aren’t really overworking yourself and you can challenge your body in a different way.


Now off for a protein shake and breakfast and then time to start the day! Have a good one world!

0 comments:

Post a Comment