ETK–End of Week 1–Day 7

Sunday:
Today is the perennial “day off” that I promised myself I would take and pretty much what my body is used to getting with 6 days a week of exercise.


I kept my routine very basic today. TRX Flexibility followed by Joint Mobility drills. All very basic drills to keep my joints lubricated and loose for tomorrow. All in all I spent about 62 minutes combined on both sets of exercises to make sure I got the optimal effect.


There was a lot of hip work again in the TRX DVD which I greatly appreciated. Hips play such an important part in kettlebell training that I want mine to be running like a well oiled machine. I never realized how tight they were before this week and I have always considered myself quite flexible. The good part is, is that I am very close to being able to do the splits like Pavel. This is something I haven’t been able to do as a kid, and as a man there aren’t that many of us out there that can do something like this, which motivates me more.


I took 10 minutes after the stretches to practice some Cleans and Single Handed Swings since I know that will be coming up soon. Cleans are definitely a challenge but I feel that my form is improving over the first time I tried them (which was earlier in the week). The big challenge for me is controlling the ‘bell when it gets to the top so it doesn’t bang my forearm. It’ll get there.. it’s only week one after all!


Do I feel like I adequately completed Week 1?


Yes.


I already came from a fairly athletic base so my endurance has been better than what I expected it to be, but still somewhat of a challenge. I am getting closer to hitting 200+ swings with my 16kg in the 12 minute interval so I do think I am ready to go on to week 2 – how long I stay there though will be the question I have to ask myself at the end of next week.


I am continually trying new things every day to try and improve my performance and I am practicing the things that I am weakest in and want to be better at, such as TGU’s. It’s getting there but definitely work to be done. Kettlebell Training definitely takes a special kind of perseverance so if you’re reading this and considering trying it, give it a shot and don’t beat yourself up, the kettlebells will do that enough for you.


Don’t give up!


Looking forward to tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment