ETK Week 1– Day 3

Wednesday:
Today was supposed to be a rest day or I guess a variety day – the ETK workbook wasn’t that clear on it!


I’m feeling good so far – I haven’t had any soreness but I attribute that to the recovery drink post workout.


About an hour to two every day I’m scouring over Kettlebell workouts and videos just to see if I can pick anything up that may be useful in future workouts. You can never know enough is what I always like to say.


So for my variety day today I did a TRX workout – TRX Essentials Cardio Circuit.


Basically this is a mix of resistance and jump rope movements. Since I don’t have a jump rope – or enough space to do it – I opted for a mix of regular/straight arm jumping jacks for the jump rope intervals. When the weather is nicer – meaning no snow – then I’ll definitely take my TRX to the park for a workout like this.


Overall it was very productive – there was a nice mix between cardio and the resistance moves – and the resistance moves were varied enough that you weren’t cranking out sets of the same move. I think counting there were 25 TRX moves – all different, so a great variety that worked the whole body.


The thing I like about incorporating TRX with the ETK Kettlebell workout is that I’m still getting some strength and conditioning work on my off days, but it’s not so intense that it will lead to overtraining. If I were to do something like P90X in tandem with this that’s a different story. (Not meant to be singling P90X out here a lot – I still think it’s a great basic program).
Very excited for tomorrows workout now that I know not to underestimate it!


Have a good one folks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment