ETK Week 4 - Day 5

Friday:


A touch of sadness as this was the last TGU I'll have over the next 8 weeks. It's a bit puzzling why you only do it for a month and then stop outright for Rite of Passage as it offers solid shoulder stability work that can only help you and over a short period of time, and with low exertion. Alas I'll follow this by the books and stick to what the workbook and what ETK tells me - it's set out this particular way for a reason.


I love experimenting and that's something that anyone who has read this blog can attest too. From P90X to an all cardio program like Insanity, to Kettlebells, to Tacfit, Yoga, etc. There are no boundaries when it comes to personal fitness. Just because something may seem hokey or taboo doesn't mean you shouldn't try it. Take a guy like Tony Horton - The guy is an uncertified goofball, but he has some decent workouts - emphasis on workouts - I think the entirety of the P90X program is highly flawed, but a favourite workout of mine has been 'Upper Body Blaster' from the One on One series - it's just old school push and pull. I'm now on to experimenting with some of the different Tacfit programs. Why? Because they seem to offer function, intensity, and a low turn around time which is a lot like the kettlebell workouts. I don't have to spend an hour to get the desired result and it's something totally different. Change can only be GOOD for the body.


I'm still looking into getting some clubbells in the near future because the more that I watch Reifkind working them, the more that it impresses and the different way that it works your body. 15lbs seems to be the recommended weight for beginners - so that should give you some indication.


We're in the midst of another snow storm right now so it looks like I'm snowed in for today. Not sure when it's supposed to let up as the weather people didn't really tell us this was coming. I'm sure it should be all good tomorrow but we'll see what the aftermath is.


I'm very excited for Rite of Passage to start on Monday. This will be like climbing Everest for me as it's something totally new to me - so can't wait. I've decided I am going to forego any type of training on Sunday and am just going to let my body sit and rest all day as I have no idea how the first day will go in terms of taxing my body and how sore it may be the next day. Best to be fresh before embarking on something like this.


I'm definitely going to buy a 20kg KB by the end of march so I can progress up to that for C+P and Snatches. I know it'll be a while before I could snatch the 24kg so this will be a good way to bridge the gap and gradually increase my strength. Slow but steady!


That's all today folks, have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment