ETK Week 3–Day 6

 

Saturday:

 

The more I work with the TRX the more I appreciate the little things that are in their workouts. You can pretty much customize what they are putting in front of you to your specific goals – which is why they include an “exercise library” with every dvd – basically a hard cover booklet of all the moves that are in the upcoming dvd.

 

This is important because obviously once you start collecting them you’ll have hundreds of moves at your disposal to concoct your own workout – on top of that the wealth of info already out there, especially on Youtube and you’re pretty much guaranteed to have a lifetime worth of variety.

 

I’m still learning my craft so to speak with the TRX as there are so many moves to remember, so I did TRX Strength Essentials – 50 minutes with warmup. You get your upper body, lower body, and core that’s split up into about 4 moves per section and you’re doing 2 sets of 12-16.

 

I really appreciate the different type of hip work that is offered in this – different is always good in my book and my left hip has felt a little tight this past week. I don’t know if its from doing Super Joints every day or not (the first 15 minutes, not the entire dvd). It could be the split switches that are making me tight but I can’t really say. I have been pushing myself to really open my hips up more than I have in the past.

 

It’s also nice to hit the ‘glamour’ muscles; chest/arms. That’s been one of the things I’ve missed while doing TRX/Kettlebells, but this lets me get in a little bit of work in those areas without overdoing it – and it’s helped. I can say definitively that my pushups and pullups have gotten stronger while doing this specific way of training and I don’t feel over trained like I did before. Like they say; less is more.

 

I’m leaning towards trying Tim Ferris’ 34lbs of mass in 28 days experiment. It definitely worked for him, and without anabolic drugs, as he has before and after pictures in his book. He did however use a giant cocktail of supplements and that’s not really a route I’m ready to go. I have a solid whey protein loaded with BCAA’s so I’m just going to stick that and I’ll make a Cell Mass copy over at Trueprotein and have that shipped – cheaper than buying a name label for sure.

 

I have a goal of 15-20lbs of lean muscle mass in 1 year – this should easily be attainable with as much as I eat and the quality of the food, and the way I train. Once everything is place I’m going to give a shot and post any results I get on here. This will probably be after I finish Rite of Passage as I’ll probably do that over again to prepare myself for RotK.

 

Dig deep and do what you can this weekend! Have a good one folks!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment