ETK Week 2–Day 2

Tuesday:
TGU Day! I’m looking forward more and more to each day I get to work with my ‘bell!


My goal for today was to do at least 12 minutes of controlled TGU’s and to self-evaluate what needs to be improved. The only little thing I notice I’m having trouble with sometimes is at the beginning of TGU where I push off with my leg and elbow that sometimes the leg laying flat will come off the ground a bit. I attribute this to a lack of strength that will come over time.


Perhaps when I finish ETK I’ll look into getting Kettlebells From The Ground Up if I feel I’m still not where I want to be in regards to that movement.


Also it’s really funny how hard that move works your entire body but it’s so controlled. I really love that about some kettlebell moves – they are so fluid but they just kick your butt. I always feel very very satisfied when I’ve done 25-30 minutes (including warm up).


And some great news, for me anyway! My 24KG is scheduled to be delivered today while I’m at a meeting by the Fedex guy/gal. Super excited because I know this distributor makes quality kettlebells at a fraction of the price. DD’s KB prices just recently went up so this is the ideal route to get something of similar quality.


Tomorrow I’ll be doing the TRX Strength workout for my variety day – slowly growing to become one of my favourites. And it delivers results when used in conjunction with something like the KB.


Nervous as hell for Thursday when Swing counts go up to 30x from the previous 20. This next half of the week will tell me a lot if I’m ready or not to move on from week 2 to week 3. I’ve set a personal goal for 180 swings on Thursday in the 12 minutes – but the variables do change because you’re doing an extra 10 swings before you get active rest – so I have no idea if I’ll be more or less tired during this. If I don’t get at least a respectable enough number for myself I’ll be repeating the week and I have no problem with that – it’s NOT a race!


When I get home and have time to open I’ll take some pictures and put them up here so you can compare to the DD bell.
Have a good one folks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment