ETK Week 1–Day 4

Thursday:
This is the day I was most excited for – Swing intervals for 12 minutes! I really wanted to prove to myself that hey, I know I was way more capable than what I did on day one as far as endurance goes.


So instead of doing a pre-workout like I did last time I just did some joint mobility exercises from Pavel’s Super Joints DVD/Book to get me ready. I did that for about 6 or 7 minutes – really nice change from active stretching to be honest and I felt it worked any kinks out much more effectively.


Completing the warm up felt easier today – I don’t know if that was all mental or not but I ended up with:


Wall Squats 6 cycles x 10
Halos 6 cycles x 10
Pumps 6 cycles x 10


Pretty much doubled what I had on Monday. I’m normally not all about the numbers, but in this case it’s nice to see that the workout I had did prior did sap me of a lot of my strength. I did find myself moving a bit quicker as I was getting more comfortable with the form on Halos. Squats is something I’ve been familiar with for a long time so I’ve never had a problem there, and with Yoga practice the Pumps are like second nature.


As for the workout itself, I was motoring! I had such a sense of renewed strength and energy that it just made the Kettlebell seem effortless – not that it was as I was quite soaked from sweat at the end of my 12 minutes.
At around the 6 minute mark I paused for a little less than 10 seconds to get a water break even though in the book it says don’t stop. I was parched and needed a drink – not from being tired.


I managed doing 1.5 more cycles than I did on Monday, so this brought my total swing count to 160 in 12 minutes – averaging 13 swings a minute. Obviously still a lot of work to do but this is encouraging for week 1.
Looking forward to tomorrow for my round of TGU’s. I think I’m going to make the 5 minutes into 10 so I can really get some extra practice in on that.


Also ordered a 24KG KB that should be here by Wednesday next week – reasoning for this is that I can already tell that I will outgrow the 16KG fairly quickly and want to be prepared to have a little variety. 95$ CDN w/ shipping is the best deal I’ve found for a KB that size!


Well off to finish breakfast and grab a shower before I’m off to an afternoon meeting. Have a good one people!

0 comments:

Post a Comment