ETK End of Week 4 - Day 7

Sunday:


So I officially made it to the end of month one - a real good primer that teaches you the essentials of what you'll need for the following 8 weeks. Great month, had a lot of fun, but now I'm really ready to get into the meat and potatoes of what Kettlebell training has to offer.


I'm still figuring out how I can integrate all these different components together without detracting from my Kettlebell training. There is such a smorgasboard of techniques out there and I am anxious to try as much as possible. Tacfit is seriously intriguing so I might run Tacfit Commando/R.O.P.E side by side with Rite of Passage. I know there are people who do 5-6 sessions of Tacfit programs a day and get great results without overtraining, so this is definitely something to think about further.


I'm looking at making a Cellmass clone from TrueProtein since the prices there are just too good to be true and you can actually control what you are putting in your supplement. Why Cellmass? Say what you want about BSN, but they do have some great supplements albeit all of them are overpriced. I don't want to risk over-supplementing so I'll stick with that and a good protein powder and I think that's all you really could want to be successful with your goals of gaining size and strength.


I never did get around to trying the 4 Hour Body Mass Gaining Diet. Honestly, I like to keep it simple. I know that if I eat a lot of healthy fats, complex carbs and lean proteins that I'm going to keep gaining weight and it will be lean muscle. Sure, gaining a fraction of 63lbs in 28 days would be nice, but I don't want to be walking around like some blowfish. I'm content with 10-15 more pounds of muscle and then entering a maintenance cycle. There comes a point when you sacrifice fluid mobility for size and that's not what I'm looking for.


This past weekend has been really re-energizing for my body. I had gone really hard this month in terms of work rate, doing 6-7 days a week, 4 with the kettlebell and 3 with the TRX - this left my body pretty tired by the end of a full month and really needed time for some recuperation. Some people like taking a week off, I'm fine with taking a weekend off. I did Yoga yesterday and some Joint Mobility work today. I've also slept a lot more this weekend (longer than my standard 8 hours a night) and I attribute that to my body taking the time to heal and prepare itself for what it knows is coming. I already feel refreshed, full of energy, and am ready to go!


It's also tax season so I think with my return I'll be getting myself another Kettlebell and one Clubbell to add to my collection so far. I've never been a fan of machines, I always trained myself with free weights because that's what worked for me, for my friends, and for anyone else that I trained. Yes program planning had something to do with it, as well as diet, but I believe the way you lift can produce dramatic results, good or bad. This older school way of training really takes me back and really makes the body and mind feel complete. 


See you guys tomorrow for Day 1, Rite of Passage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment