ETK Week 4 - Day 4

Thursday:


Finish line is in sight! 


I was feeling pretty sore today from the TacFit R.O.P.E program yesterday. That was the first time I`d ever done Tabata type training which would explain it. It`s not a bad pain it`s a good pain and I`m glad I actually feel a bit worked - lets me know that what I was doing was working. Scott has some really interesting programs out there and I`m definitely looking at integrating one in with ETK. I can still get my TRX work since R.O.P.E is pretty much TRX movements just with a rope from the hardware store. That`s not to knock it, it was very intense. It`s too bad more people aren`t open to different types of training. You have your Pro-Dragon Door people and your Pro-Tacfit people etcetera, when really there should be no blind loyalties as we try to take the best parts of each program.


I did 175 swings with Henry (24kg) before peetering out and finishing 75 more swings with my 16kg for a total of 250 again. The main thing here that changed from the last time was that my time decreased big time. I clocked in at just over 15 minutes on Monday to do 250 swings and today I clocked in at 12:43 so I managed to cut over 2 minutes off my total time, increasing my swing volume and speed. This is not something I was consciously trying to do, it just happened, and by the time I stopped my timer I had noticed I had finished faster than the previous time with the same amount of swings - so I believe that my strength and endurance is on spot for taking on the Rite of Passage.


I noticed that there are no dedicated days for Swings anymore as well - so I assume that with doing ladders so frequently that will continue to help my strength and endurance grow. The one thing I`m not super crazy about is that in the ETK Workbook they are openly promoting an Art of Strength DVD that is ``essential`` to your growth with a kettlebell. That`s not true at all and is incredibly misleading. You could follow ETK solely and I`m sure you would still get outstanding results without having to purchase something else that isn`t even affiliated with the program. I love the workbook as it`s really great for newbies to kettlebells, but don`t make it sound like you NEED something else to get the most out of the program.


Oil is up to 120$ a barrel. Gas is up to 123.0 cents per litre at most major gas stations across the city and is expected to continue rising. With everything that is happening in the middle east right now, it`s easy enough to say that within the next 8-12 months oil could easily break 150$ a barrel. This is a good time to invest in a bus pass as this is reminiscent of what happened last summer and the gas spike that happened then. It`s times like this that I`m really glad I live in a city that has such an abundant amount of public transit so it`s not even necessary to own a vehicle.


I haven`t gotten around to try in the TRX Janda sit-ups yet but I will definitely make that a priority over the next couple days so I can report back about that. I`ve just been preoccupied with a lot of other things but I promise I will get to that for those of you out there who have a TRX or are looking into getting one. I still would have to say it should be an essential tool in your home fitness gym.


Have my meeting this coming Tuesday so hopefully some good news will come out of that.


Have a good one folks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment